Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Hedgehog arsed quiz winner

 Well it's the last day of August already and the month has gone fast. I was still signed off with my arm for the first couple of weeks, actually until 20 August, have been in a few times since, including late shifts on the last weekend and Monday. I know I'll have to escape the place at some point before Xmas as I will no doubt be given the shittiest shifts. 

I made my 200K target, but only made it today, too many lazy days I'm afraid with too few walk/run marathons. Weather was ok for the most part, even got round to painting shed, and had a repair done to it, also the windowsill by Stewart the handyman. 

Edinburgh was visited 3 times I think, took in a few Fringe shows, including "Are you being Murdered?" and the musical version of Making a Murderer (based on Netflix docu that is excellent). Don't think I've been so often to Edinburgh in the last few years. Prices in the pubs are a joke though, one beer in the Hanging Bat we ordered was £8.30! Nice though.

This blog is slowly becoming a list of health related afflictions, so I will not disappoint, had a major arse issue earlier in the month, I'll not go into detail, but it was like a spikey creature living up your rectum, eventually it passed, but not nice, again, no details. 

Was at a quiz at the Auld Hoose last night, won the top prize of a large steak pie which I am planning on eating in a couple of hours, not many participants to be sure, but it's funny the useless information I have stored, including all the names of the Osmonds..

Just booked a flight to Germany, will be first time in 4 years, since Franzi's Berlin wedding, amazing really as I always used to go 3 or 4 times a year. Risked booking with Bastard Air so we will see if the flight actually goes! Still, hope to visit a few friends I haven't seen in a while. 

The first photo was in my private coastal place having visited Morrison's for a few tins, the other is of Burntisland Parish Church, I got a tour of the place a couple of weeks back, was christened there. In the graveyard, mostly ancient graves, I found the resting place of a school friend I roomed with during a school trip to Austria in 1981, died aged 24. Makes you think, why worry about insignificant things or carry feuds on, we are all going in the same direction.








No comments: