Monday, July 11, 2011

Greyfriars spaceman




Went by train to Edinburgh this weekend, weather seemed nice so why not I thought. Unfortunately the heavens opened when I got there, but I sought refuge in the National Museum of Scotland, a huge place that would take days to fully look around, there I posed as an astronaut, quite realistic eh..?

Also looked around Greyfriars churchyard, the story of Greyfriars Bobby is internationally known, a story of loyalty even after death. The wee doggie even has his own gravestone where once he stood guard at his master's grave, there's even a statue outside of a pub named in his honour.

Have today, Monday, off. Am just chilling at home but will head off along the coast in a short while, July is my favourite month but unfortunately I have no more holidays until end of August when my old Heidelberg pal Oliver arrives for a week or so. Best start hiding my best malt whiskies because otherwise they won't last long!

1 comment:

SleepingDog said...

Aiieee, a ninety-foot high dog! Looking at the last two photographs, you're looking a bit more like Neil Lennon than Neil Armstrong.